What you should know...
Before you come in for the procedure:
- Alcoholic beverages, Advil (ibuprofen), Aspirin and any other blood-thinners can cause unnecessary bleeding during your permanent makeup application. Avoid drinking or taking those medications at least one day prior to your procedure.
- Bring your favorite eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, and/or lipstick to the consultation.
- If you use contact lenses and you are coming in for eyeliners, plan to wear glasses the day of the procedure.
- Keep in mind that it may take two visits to obtain the desired look: the initial treatment and a perfection visit. The perfection visit should take place 4 to 6 weeks later, and is free of charge.
After your procedure:
- Swelling of the treated region can occur, but it typically subsides within a few hours. Icing and applying the prescribed ointment will help alleviate the swelling.
- The color (pigment) will likely appear much darker in the first couple of weeks following the procedure, but will fade over time to a softer version of itself.
- Avoid peroxide and sunlight, including tanning beds. They can damage your new look. Also, do not use any products that contain Retin-A, Glycol, or Alpha-Hydroxy Acids on the treated areas to avoid fading or pigment discoloration.
- Exfoliation treatments, such as microdermabrasion or chemical peels, will also damage your new look.
- Touch ups will be required to restore fading colors. *It is difficult to predict exactly how long the permanent makeup will last since it depends greatly on the client’s skin type and lifestyle. Expect your permanent makeup to last anywhere between one and seven years before it shows signs of fading.
- Removing permanent makeup later can be a difficult process, particularly if placed on the lips or eyelids.
- And lastly, if you are having your eyeliner done, you should consider having someone drive you to the office as you may experience watery eyes, which is perfectly normal, but may blurr your vision.
Serving clients in San Diego, La Jolla, UTC, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, Solana Beach, Cardiff by the Sea, Encinitas,
Rancho Santa Fe, La Costa, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Vista, Escondido, Poway, and more.
Permanent makeup artistry - eyebrows, eyeliners, and lips designed specifically for you!
Copyright © 2018 Permanent Expressions, LLC